In the Superior Court for Lincoln County
State of Georgia
July Term 2011 Grand July
July 30, 2012
GRAND JURY PRESENTMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
We, the members of the Lincoln County Grand Jury for the July Term 2012, having been duly sworn on July 30, 2012 in open court by Judge Roger W. Dunaway, Jr., do herewith submit the following presentments on this July 30, 2012.
We, the members of the Grand Jury, wish to express our appreciation to Presiding Judge Roger W. Dunaway, Jr. for his timely charge and the efficient manner in which he conducts his court. We also wish to express our appreciation to the District Attorney Dennis Sanders, and his assistant Rindi Harbeson, for their assistance and guidance in our deliberations. We also wish to express our appreciation to Superior Court Clerk Amanda A. Doss, and the Court Bailiffs, Ms. Mary Lois Culbertson and Mr. Benton Belangia for their assistance in the discharge of our duties.
We, the Grand Jury, have elected Laura Belle Elam as Foreperson and Gennett Norman as Grand Jury Clerk.
We, the Grand Jury, have acted upon all bids of indictment presented to the Grand Jury.
General Recommendations and Presentments
We, the Grand Jury make the following general recommendations:
1. That a chair without arms be utilized as the witness chair in the Grand Jury room for larger witnesses and officers with gun belts.
2. That a street sign be placed on Wells Street.
3. That the authorities examine the Pleasant View subdivision for installation of speed breakers
Child Abuse Protocal/Child Fatality Review Committee Annual Report
We, the Grand Juty have received and examined the annual report of the Child Abuse Protocol/Child Fatality Review Committee filed July 30, 2012 as required by 19-5-2 of the Official Code of Georgia
We, the Grand Jury for the July Term 2012, fix the per diem for 2013 as required by law as follows: Grand and Traverse Jurors as $35.00 per day and Bailiffs at $50.00 per day.
We, the Grand Jury have reviewed the financial records of the Superior Court, Sheriff, Board of Commissioners, Probate/Magistrate Court and Tax Commissioner s offices as provided by law.
Board of Tax Equalization
We, the duly constituted Grand Jury for Lincoln County in accordance with Section 48-5-311 of the Official Code of Georgia, and pursuant to certain vacancies now on the Board of Tax Equalization, do hereby appoint the following named persons to the Lincoln County Board of Tax Equalization for the terms so stated:
Glenda Norman has been appointed as a member for the term January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2015. Ronnie Duckworth and J. Ira Blanchard have been appointed as alternate members for the term January 1, 2013 through December 31, 2015.
The Board after this appointment will be constituted as follows:
1. Deborah Tutt Jauary 1, 2011 - December 31, 2013
2. Richard Brown January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2014.
3. Glenda Norman January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015.
1. Helen Cavitt January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2013
2. Colleen LeRoy January 1, 2011 - December 31, 2013.
3. Herbert Powell January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2014
4. Carl Elam January 1, 2012 - December 31, 2014
5. Ronnie Duckworth Janury 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015
6. J Ira Blanchard January 1, 2013 - December 31, 2015.
Georgia, Lincoln County
Laura Belle Elam
8 9 1tc